Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Google Chrome OS Netbook, Multi-Touch?

Okay, so I'm reading rumors about possible specs for a Google Chrome OS Netbook.  Not very much of it is particularly fascinating to me except one part:  The current rumors specify a multi-touch display.


Why do I feel this is significant?  If Google Chrome OS comes with built-in multi-touch support straight from the start, and is under $350 or so, it's a huge possible contender for the 1 to 1 computing movement in schools.  As I've been saying a lot recently, the potential for touch-screen oriented education just opens up a heck of a lot of possibilities.


So, for the sake of education, I hope the part of these rumors about multi-touch ends up being true.  I think that'd be a huge contribution to society (let's just hope Adobe has multi-touch support in it's first Flash Player for Chrome OS).


No comments:

Post a Comment