Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Running Windows on the Mac

So, there are three main options to running Windows on a Mac. Use Boot Camp from Apple to make your hard disk into two parts, one for Mac OS X and one for a Windows install (you have to buy a copy of Windows, btw.)

Then, you can use either Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion.

I used Parallels since it came out, up until version 4. Then I switched to VMWare Fusion 2, and upgraded to Fusion 3, but Fusion 3 had issues running my Windows 7 Install. Fusion also seemed to use too many resources.

So I downloaded the trial of Parallels Desktop 5, which claims to be a lot faster than 4, and it really is a lot faster. I've had a few issues so far, but I'm likely to purchase the full version.

I linked a review of the two for those who are considering the two applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment